Monday, February 24, 2014

School Girl

Happy Monday!
I'm channeling my inner school girl today.  I actually went to a Catholic grammar school and our uniforms were kind of hideous.  If I was able to create my own school uniform, it would probably look something like this.  









Coat: SheInside (here) c/o / Button Down: Forever21 (similar)
Skirt: SheInside (here) / Shoes: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Bag: olivia + joy / Glasses: Rivet & Sway c/o 


I think I'm forming a new obsession with button downs.  I've always considered them to be a staple piece and I have worn different styles before, but a white button down is just so classic.  They've been great for layering this winter season and they are also great for transitioning into the spring.  (Which by the way I have to say that this past weekend was absolutely gorgeous!)
Once I paired it with this faux leather skater skirt, a trendy school girl came to mind.  I thought that this coat would be the perfect piece to complete the look.  Instead of just putting it on regularly, I decided to let the ends of the sleeves show through, which sort of makes it seem like this is a blazer.  I love the lapel and the print.   I'm wearing another pair of frames to compliment this geek chic look and as I mentioned last week, I will be going into more detail about all of the glasses that I have been wearing lately.  And last but not least, a pop of color is always welcomed in my book and this bag and lipstick did the trick :)

It's another beautiful day so make sure to enjoy it loves!

18 comments:

  1. Love those glasses super cute . What kind of camera do you use ? I just started blogging so I new to all this . Love your blog . Hope you stop by and check out my blog

    X . Valerie
    http://www.everylookhasastory.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you doll! I use a canon rebel t3i with a 50mm 1.8 lens xoxo

      Delete
  2. Cute and a bit naughty geeky chic, you are a fashionista, you can transform anything in to the term STYLISH...,you have magic girl ,loving sugar and spice all together school girl, great work...
    Dab <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfit! Perfect combo ! And red lips! Love it!! :) Erika's Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are easily the most stylish "schoolgirl" ever! I love when outfits have a certain theme to them. It makes it more fun to get dressed.

    -Felicia
    lotussaturday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you love and I agree! doing a theme is so much fun :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, Naty, you look absolutely gorgeous and glasses really suit your face so well! Very chic and elegant outfit, love it! <3 Your follower, Zhanna, www.stylehenge.com
    p.s. how about following each other darling ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much sweetie I really appreciate it! <3

      Delete
  7. The leather skirt looks great paired with the preppier pieces!

    www.loveandclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love your school look. much more fun than mine. did something similar on my blog http://miliorenababy.blogspot.com/ you should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look cute and smart. I have that coat from sheinside.com xx
    Www.milimola.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this uniform!
    and cute bag :)

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments mean so much to me! Your kind words never go unnoticed. Thanks so much for all the love & support xo